Step aboard for a NYC Wine Tasting a classic yacht! We understand that you can crave reds in the Summer but also long for some refreshment! Not sure which ones to choose? Fear not! There are many chill worthy reds and robust rose wines ready to take on your next BBQ. Or to match with your cheese and meat board when hosting friends over. Start with a serving of bubbly and then sip with us through 5 expert pairings. Cruise with us around Manhattan and enjoy these summer red wines with wonderful Wendy Crispell.
Key points about this tour:
- 2 hours
- Starting at $92 per person
- See all major lower Manhattan sites at sunset while enjoying our sommelier’s selection of fine wine and cheese pairings!
(One World Trade Center, Financial District, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Brooklyn Bridge)
- Hosted by wine & cheese expert, Wendy Crispell
- Each event has a special theme or region covered (see themes listed in detailed activity descriptions online)
- Offered aboard *Manhattan*
- Seating available in climate controlled cabin or on the outer deck
- Seating is often assigned based on volume of guests (if you are purchasing tickets separately from other members of your party, please use the “Seating Request” field while booking to indicate who you would like to be seated with)
- No narration about the sites - Popular for date night, 'ladies' night' or 'after-work drinks'
Join us for our new series celebrating the wonderfully diverse and ever-changing world of wine!
Each week we will focus on a different region exploring the grapes, styles, soils, viticulture, and tasting techniques that will help you enjoy your wine! These interactive tastings will be conducted by our wine professional Wendy Crispell in a fun, relaxed atmosphere aboard the beautiful yacht *Manhattan* or *Manhattan II*. This season's tastings will feature a number of different artisan & farmstead cheeses selected each week to complement the wines of the day. In addition, a selection of dried fruit, nuts and breads will be served to highlight each pairing.
Highlights, topics and themes of the tour include:
* Taste five different wines from a specific region in the world
* Artisan cheese matched with the wines of the evening
* Learn the basics of tasting in a fun, informative setting
* Find out what makes each wine different and unique
* Discuss major styles, grape varieties, regions, trends and more
* Don't miss this opportunity to swirl, sniff, and taste your way down the Hudson. Relax in our beautifully enclosed solarium for this educational event as we cruise around Manhattan in style.
About: Classic Harbor Line
Dedicated to helping locals and visitors alike enjoy the unique wonders of New York City, Classic Harbor Line hopes for the privilege of escorting you on a relaxing, inspiring, and breathtaking cruise through the waters we proudly call home. Our five classic yachts — the Schooner Adirondack and the Schooner America 2.0 (our sailboats), and the Luxury Yacht Manhattan, Manhattan II and Kingston (our motorized yachts) are reminiscent of the classic boats that cruised the NYC waters in the past two centuries.