This course and tastings are a must for the serious student of wine, whether you are an informed enthusiast or a professional. You should have completed the Advanced Wine Course and a minimum of one Advanced Regional Course before taking the Blind Tasting course.
We teach you a process to enhance your tasting skills and to be able to identify wine by grape, country, region and vintage year! Fun, educational, and will give you bragging rights!
The Blind Tasting Course covers:
- Study and analysis of grape varietals
- Study of climate characteristics that impact wine character
- Soil and geology characteristics that impact wine character
- Growing area differentiation in wine
- Production techniques impacts
- Mechanics of tasting - developing your personal tasting style
- Technical and cosmetic defects, and additives in wine
- One or two double-blind tasting (of up to 5 wines) each class
- Master Candidate double-blind exam at end of course (optional)
- Plus 500+ pages of course material specifically developed for this course, and approximately 100 wines to taste