Price: $20 - 7 Wines! Includes light fare of cheese, bread and charcuterie! Register online at www.thesavvycellars.com/events/
In 2015, Winesellers, Ltd, was recognized as Wine Enthusiast’s 2015 “Importer of the Year.” Over the last four decades, they have evolved into a globally recognized importer and marketer of family-owned wineries and brands produced in both well-known and unique regions from around the world. Join us at this great tasting as David Almeida presents some of their popular Spanish wines -- varietals you just may not have tried before! Come taste something NEW!
We will be tasting:
- Mas Fi Cava Brut Rosé - a beautiful sparkling rosé from Pinedes, Spain
- Senda Verde Albarino - from Rias Baixas, Ribeiro region, perfect accompaniments are fish and shellfish, vinaigrettes, capers, leeks, and tomatoes.
- Senda Verde Mencia - from Rias Baixas, Ribeiro region, a delicious lighter red that’s perfect for lighter red meats, fowl, chicken and shellfish in tomato sauce.
- Carlos Serres Rioja Blanco - 85% Viura and 15% Tempranillo blanco and yes it’s a white wine! Fresh aromas and flavors of apple and pineapple with subtle white floral characters.
- Carlos Serres Rioja Crianza - Wine Spectator 90 Points - cherry, vanilla, orange peel and spice notes mingle over light tannins, supported by citrusy acidity.
- Carlos Serres Rioja Reserva -Vinous 89 Points - mature ripe black fruits, vanilla and cinnamon spice. velvety smooth,
- Carlos Serres Rioja Gran Reserva - 93 Points Editor’s Choice Wine Enthusiast
All wines will be for sale or order after the tasting.