Please join us for our fourth annual Grape Stomp and Harvest Festival! We will have a grape stomp competition, an I Love Lucy Look-a-Like judging. The afternoon will be filled with entertainment and crazy fun! We expect this event to sell out...so don’t wait to buy your tickets, or you may end up squeaky clean and disappointed.
Proceeds from the event go to support the growth of Salado Montessori, a non-profit Primary for kiddos ages 3-6. Salado Montessori aims to inspire a love of learning in each child and follow the child's interests throughout their pre-school years.
Happy Pizza will be onsite slinging artisanal pizzas from their wood-fired brick oven. They make their dough daily, using a sourdough started from Barrow Brewing Company's house yeast strain.
Salado Winery Company will be serving our locally made wines by the glass and bottle. (food options will be updated here)
There is no admission fee to attend. Our pre-sale ticket packages ensure your preferred stomping time as well as make sure we reserve your souvenir t-shirt.
Our grape stomp will be the ideal opportunity to make your Instagram followers super jealous. Teams of two will compete every 15 minutes in rounds of 4-5 teams. During your team’s turn, one person will stomp for two minutes and then the second person will stomp for two minutes. The team of two who produces the most juice wins bragging rights!
Pay attention, every year the packages are a little different. If you want to compete, the Smash Those Grapes Package is the one for you!
“Would your business benefit from being an event sponsor? Let us know!”
Tickets are refundable up to 7 days before the event. After that, you may transfer your ticket to a friend - make sure you email the ticket to your friend. The show will go on even if it rains, snows, sleets or whatever the great state of Texas comes up with for weather. This event will be outdoors and everything will be under a tent.
Kids are welcome and #Winerycat insists that dogs must be on a leash.
NO outside alcohol may be brought in. That means you cannot bring beer, wine, distilled spirits or moonshine. Please no sneaking in alcohol...this is not your high school prom, thank you!
Grape Stomp Rules
- Fans of all ages are welcomed to the harvest festival.
- Stomping will commence when the Stomp Master blows the whistle and all teams must stop stomping and collecting at the closing whistle. Any team who starts early or delays stopping will receive a penalty.
- All stomping must be done with bare feet.
- Stompers may hold on to their team member for support.
- Only juice will be measured. Any grapes and pulp will be strained out by the judges.
- In the event of a tie, the officials will choose the team who displayed the least abandon.
- Any team not participating in a manner consistent with fair play and good sportsmanship is subject to disqualification without refund. If you break something, you've bought it.
- Your slot will be during the hour you sign up for. You must be on time. If you are not present when your team is called, then you forfeit your team’s grape stompin’ tickets.
- All participants must sign Liability Waiver.
*prices will increase by $5 at the door --- buy now and save $$
KIDS TICKET - $14.95
Under 21? This ticket includes one personal pizza and one juice box, soda or water. Over 21 can buy this too :)
DIONYSUS OBSERVER - $24.95
The “ummm, I’ll just watch….” This ticket comes with one personal pizza, a souvenir glass, and one glass of wine. 21 and over, only.
SMASH THOSE GRAPES PACKAGE - $49.95
Ticket holder is entitled to one go at stomping, a souvenir wine glass, one glass of wine, a t-shirt for your foot prints, a photo op in the grapes and a personal pizza. When you purchase your ticket, let us know the name of anyone you'd like to compete with so we can pair you together! If competitor is under 21, no wine!.
This event is organized by Salado Winery Company + Salado Montessori. This event is part of the "Salado Chocolate and Wine Weekend 2019" for tickets and more information contact Salado Tourism or download the VisitSalado app from your favorite app store.
Tickets will go on sale July 2019