Italian Wine Lovers, this is your tasting! Join us for a free wine tasting featuring some awesome Italian wines. Mike Tiano of the Haw River Wine Man joins us to pour the wines and tell the stories.
Our bigger and better Saturday tastings continue to be a huge hit, and we’re going to keep a good thing going! Stop by the store to sample 5 unique and diverse wines from a variety of Italian regions. It’s worth noting all of the wines for this tasting are imported by the Haw River Wine Man, one of our favorite suppliers. That means the prices are great! And with our tasting day discount (20% off by the bottle) in place on all of the featured tasting wines, the prices are even better. Taste, learn, SAVE BIG every Saturday at Table Wine.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2016 Vecchia Torre Vermentino (Puglia, Italy) – Vecchia Torre is one of Southern Italy’s top cooperatives, and their wines represent some of the best values in the store. Their Vermentino comes from vineyards on the warm, sunny and dry Salento Peninsula, on the backside of the heel of Italy’s boot. Fresh, bright, and herbaceous, it’s perfect with all sorts of fish and seafood dishes.
2. 2018 Garofoli Rosato Komaros (Le Marche, Italy) – Garofoli is one of the oldest estates of the Marche region, in Central Italy, and their dry rose is always a personal favorite of mine. 100% Montepulciano fermented completely dry, this is fresh, zesty, bright, and lively pink wine perfect for spring picnics and patio sipping.
3. 2016 Morisfarms Mandriolo Rosso (Tuscany, Italy) –Morisfarms is a benchmark producer located in the Maremma, in southwest Tuscany. Their Mandriolo Rosso is a great introduction to their style. A blend of 80% Sangiovese, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah and 5% Petit Verdot, it offers up a Super Tuscan personality at a ridiculously low price. Juicy and vibrant, it’s easy to drink and enjoy.
4. 2015 Vecchia Torre Salice Salentino (Puglia, Italy) – Vecchia Torre’s Salice Salentino smells and tastes like Southern Italy in a bottle! A blend of 90% Negroamaro and 10% Malvasia Nera, this is hearty, warm and rustic red wine with rich notes of ripe berries, spice, and smoky herb. For fans of Old Vine Zinfandel, you’ll love this one.
5. Surprise Wine – Like surprises? Trust me, you’ll like this one!