When we think of U.S. wine, we think of California — though while you’ve probably heard of Napa and Sonoma, what about Lodi, Monterey, or Paso Robles? Come taste California's greatest hits, from oaky Chardonnay to robust Napa Cabs, and everything else in-between.
Join New York Adventure Club (https://www.nyadventureclub.com/) as we taste and learn our way through 10 wines from around California, all inside a 1921 townhouse in Midtown that is now home to the Church of Sweden.
Led by Amy Karasavas, a certified sommelier, our unique experience at this intimate space in Manhattan will include:
• An overview of California wines, from the numerous wine regions to how to cut through the hype and find value wines
• A primer on how to see, smell, and taste wine
• A tasting of 10 wine varietals from around California, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Noir
• A chance to mingle with other adventurers who enjoy wine as much as you do
Amy has traveled the world studying different styles of wine, and is ready to answer any and all questions about this storied refreshment!
Click here to see pictures from one of our last wine tastings!
See you there!
*While snacks will be provided, we recommend eating beforehand
Amy Karasavas received her sommelier certification from the Sommelier Society of America. She recently passed the Introductory Course with the Court of Master Sommeliers and is continuing her sommelier studies in 2019. She has traveled some of the world’s most famous wine regions, including Napa and Sonoma, Burgundy, Bordeaux, the Loire Valley, Portugal’s Duoro Valley, Chile's Maipo Valley, and Tuscany.
You can find her on Instagram @thatpourwoman.
* Must be 21 or older. ID will be checked at door.
** Ticket price is for educational demonstration with complimentary beverage tastings.
Categories: Historic Sites, Social