If seriously underpriced wines that marry the rich fruit and power of Brunello, the silkiness and finesse of red Burgundy and the beguiling perfume of fine Barolo sound like something you’d enjoy…well then, please, do not miss this Spotlight class on Marco de Grazia’s Tenuta della Terre Nere! It could well be the single most exciting wine class we offer this year.
Join us and de Grazia Selections’ Ross Bouchard and you’ll quickly come to appreciate why Sicily’s Mount Etna is arguably the single most exciting “emerging” fine wine region in the world. And up and down the Terre Nere line-up, I’ve found these to be among the most delicious, complex, and deeply satisfying Italian wines I’ve tried in years.
While the rich, deeply textured and aromatic red wines from the indigenous Nerello Mascalese grape form the backbone of Mount Etna’s success, the best winemakers – like de Grazia – are turning out exciting whites as well. And if you thought the bold 2015s were exciting, then get ready to be blown away by the even more finessed and complex 2016 wines. We’ll be pouring:
- Terre Nere Feudo di Mezzo Rosado 2017 (Vinous 91)
- Terre Nere Etna Bianco 2017
- Terre Nere Etna Bianco Santo Spirito 2017
- Terre Nere Etna Rosso 2016 (WS 90)
- Terre Nere Santo Spirito Rosso 2016 (WA 92/WS 92)
- Terre Nere San Lorenzo Rosso 2016 (WA 93+/WS 95)
- Terre Nere Gaurdiola Rosso 2016 (WA 95/WS 93)
- Terre Nere Calderara Sottana Prephylloxera le Vigne di Don Peppino 2016 (WA 96/WS 95)
It you love Italy’s greatest reds or just want to know about what will soon be a region talked about on par with Brunello, Chianti and Barolo/Barbaresco then I strongly encourage you to reserve your seats for this class right now (just click here to do it online). Most of the wines are available in such limited quantities that ONLY class attendees will be able to secure allocations. You really don’t want to miss this exciting tasting!