This course and tastings are a must for the serious student of wine, whether you are an informed enthusiast or a professional. This is a great class to improve you knowledge of the mechanics of evaluating wine and the various components that impact a wines character like climate, soil, production methods, and the differences in grape varietals.
We make it fun as well as educational! Once you take the course and pass the blind tasting exam (optional) we garantee you will have earned bragging rights as a Guild Master Candidate!
A delicious farm to table lunch is provided by our culinary team each day.
We recommend that you have previously studied wine in a formal class.
The Blind Tasting Course covers:
- Study and analysis of grape varietals
- Study of climate characteristics that impact wine character
- Soil and geology characteristics that impact wine character
- Growing area differentiation in wine
- Impact of production techniques
- Mechanics of tasting - developing your personal tasting style
- Technical and cosmetic defects, and additives in wine
- One or two double-blind tasting (of up to 5 wines) each class
- Master Candidate double-blind exam at end of course (optional)
- Plus 500+ pages of course material specifically developed for this course, and approximately 100 wines to taste