VinoSummit, presented by Florida Wine Academy, is the first conference dedicated to wine professionals in the SE United States. This one-day conference, which will take place in the lively city of Miami on March 18th, 2019, aims to investigate trends in the wine industry and explore important regions and grapes.
– Philippe André, US Ambassador for Champagne Charles Heidsieck
– Eric Hemer Master Sommelier, Master of Wine, Senior Vice President, Director of Wine Education at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits of America
– Kristina Sazama, DipWSET, FWS, Certified Sommelier, Wine Educator Santa Margherita USA
– Raffaelle Benassi, Director European Business Development for Breakthru Beverage FL
– Lisa Airey, CWE, FWS, Wine Scholar Guild Education Director
– Dave Rudman, DipWSET, Executive Director – WSET America
March 18th, 2019 – Agenda:
08.30 – 09.00: Welcome & Registrations
09.00 – 10.45: “Passport to Reims: Tasting the wines of Charles Heidsieck” with Philippe André, US Ambassador for Champagne Charles Heidsieck
10.45 – 11.15: Coffee-break sponsored by Cantina Mesa (of Sardinia) and Cà Maiol (of Lugana and Valtènesi)
11.30 – 01.15: “Discovering Biodynamic Winemaking in the Languedoc, featuring the Wines of Gérard Bertrand” with Eric Hemer MS MW
01.15 – 02.15: Lunch sponsored by Folio Fine Wine Partners, featuring wines from Bibi Graetz and Ricasoli
02.15 – 04.15: Panel Discussion “Trends in the wine industry”, with Kristina Sazama, Raffaelle Benassi, Lisa Airey and Dave Rudman
04.30 – 06.30: Walk-around tasting, featuring more than 80 wines, including a 1999 Chateau Musar from Lebanon
Tickets to the full-day event are $355 and include three seminars, coffee-break, lunch, materials, and participation in the walk around tasting, which will include cheese and charcuterie. We will taste more than 100 wines during VinoSummit.