Fundamentals for Professionals – Components of Wine
If you are new to wine and want to enhance your taste, vision and smell skills when tasting wine this is a great place to start.
This particular Fundamentals for Professionals short-course is also often taken by people who have completed Level I and want additional technical wine evaluation practice before starting the Level II course.
This short-course presents an overview of basic wine evaluation concepts through a series of lectures, wine evaluation tasting and smell exercises.
In this one-day short course you will:
- Learn the proper way to visually evaluate wine
- Learn wine smell evaluation via a smell exercise of the 30 most common smells in wine and why it is important to put those in your memory bank
- Learn about wine taste evaluation via a tasting exercises to learn how to distinguish tannins, acids, sugars and alcohol in wine
- Taste at least 8 wines
- Receive 30 pages of handout material to take home
- Have lots of fun and meet other “wine enthusiasts”!
Lunch is provided as part of your tuition. If you have any dietary restrictions please contact the Guild at 303-296-3966 with that information.