Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced, for a guided viticultural tasting and walking tour of Portland’s vibrant West End restaurant scene as you explore some incredible examples of red wines paired with delicious foods from four great establishments. You're in for an incredible wine education experience. You'll walk away knowing how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence in knowing how evaluate, select, serve, and pair wines, and describe what you smell and taste. Plan to learn a lot about wine and have a great time doing it.
* Taste and learn about delicious red wines from around the world
* Discover what makes each region unique and its impact on the styles of wines produced
* Discuss major styles of red wines
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four restaurants we visit