Epicurean Delights in the Lands of Great Wines & Alba White Truffles
Dates: October 24- October 31, 2019
8 days, 7 nights - no hotel change only
Limited to 12 participants
This wine and gourmet tour is specially by Italia Dolce Vita and is exclusive. We lead you through the beautiful hills of Langhe, Roero, and Monferrato, the UNESCO World Heritage landscapes of Piemonte. The unique scenery, dotted with castles and manors steeped in rich history, is surrounded by vineyards creating one of the most picturesque and stunning regions of Italy. Here, the Slow Food Movement began. Piemonte is an authentic territory that values flavorful cuisine, traditions of the land, and world renowned wines.
The month of October is the most exciting and delightful time to enjoy Piemonte. The Nebbiolo grapes harvest begins and the cellars are in full ferment while lush vineyard landscapes change to the rich colors of autumn. Be mesmerized! The most important fall event is the annual International White Truffle Festival in Alba! People from all coners of the world convene in the capital of the White Truffle. Fairs, street markets and the aroma of fresh truffles fill the streets!
Learn all about the world of truffles through a truffle hunt with a local “trifulao” (a truffle hunter and his dog), a truffle Sensorial Analysis, a guided tour through the Alba festival market and relishing in gourmet dinners and lunches!
Enjoy VIP private guided cellar tours and sit down tastings at boutique producers of Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, Arneis … In Asti see the UNESCO cellars known as “underground cathedrals” in Asti for a tasting of their “metodo classico” sparkling wine and spend the day in one of the most historic wineries.
Visit and stroll some of Italy’s most beautiful and charming hamlets and villages like Alba, Nieve, Grinzane, and Barbaresco.
A hands on cooking lesson on the ground of a spectacular winery castle and the simple home cooking of Gemma and her world famous tajerin await!
Join me and together let’s explore one of the most fascinating regions of Italy.
This gourmet tour can easily be combined with our extraordinary culinary tours :
Grand Tuscany Food & Wine October 16-24, 2019
Food & Motor Vally Tour in Emilia Romagna October 31 - November 6, 2019.
- 7 nights in charming accommodations- no hotel change
- Entrance to the Alba White Truffle Festival
- Walking tours in Alba, Asti and Barolo
- Discover the history of Wine in the exciting WIMU - Wine Museum
- Visit the Castle of Grinzane
- Hands on cooking lesson in a noble castle
- Truffle hunting and lunch with the Trifolao (truffle hunter)
- Visit an organic cheese maker
- Spend a day with the winemaker in Canelli and tour the underground UNESCO Cathedrals
- Private VIP cellar tours and tastings in Barolo, Barbaresco, Asti, Roero
- Authentic meals paired with select wines of Piedmont
- Traditional Piemontese evening with entertainment
- Michelin Star dining
- Leisure time
- Travel with a Certified Wine Specialist & Culinary Professional