FLAVORS OF CAMPANIA: NAPLES, SORRENTO, AMALFI AND MORE
SEPTEMBER 16-24, 2019
9 DAYS/ 8 NIGHTS
Legendary Campania is the Southern region of Italy that includes the fascinating ruins of Herculaneum and Paestum, the breathtaking Amalfi Coast with Positano and Ravello nestled into the cliffs, Mt. Vesuvius dominates the horizon, and the fascinating city of Naples excites.
Dramatic coastlines, fertile plains, lush hills, and valleys surrounded by tiny mountaintop villages coin this region Campania Felix making it a destination on every food & wine lover’s map.
This specially designed vacation includes carefully selected food & wine experiences and fun activities such as a Neapolitan Pizza lesson, a Mozzarella di Bufala workshop, a visit to Pasta di Gragnano (called the white gold where you will see the different stages of traditional pasta production and discover the secrets behind what makes this well-loved food taste so good, and much more like watching a cameo artisan at work detailing the craftsmanship behind each jewel.
A private boat excursion is our best way to see you enjoy the Amalfi Coast as we ride the dramatic coastline from the Maritime Republic of Amalfi to the famous Positano so to admire the Moorish style villages clinging to the dramatic jagged cliffs, and the air is scented with lemons and wild herbs.
Unique is also our boat tour to the island of Ischia and visiting the island by “calessino”, the Ape style taxi to then stop and enjoy a farm-to-table experience at a local family run winery where the winemakers are called “Crazy Angels” and share their harvesting experience firsthand. Before returning to Naples we stop in Procida to see this colorful and picturesque island where local fishermen still hand-mend their nets.
We dive into the rich history through private expertly led guided tours of the Roman ruins of Herculaneum, the Capodimonte Museum, historic Naples, and the Greco-Roman temples in Paestum.
The simple and delicious Mediterranean diet cuisine is here paired with superb unique wines produced at Ancient Greek vineyards soaking up the sun, receiving the coastal winds and digging their roots into the volcanic of Mount Vesuvius and so much more.
Delighting in the flavors of the food of Campania, where fresh seafood, juicy vegetables drizzled in olive oil, aromatic local wines –are the “materia prima” or raw material the region is famous for. Local gastronomic gems include creamy Mozzarella di Bufala DOP, Limoncello made with ripe Sorrento lemons, and San Marzano tomatoes.
Enjoy VIP cellar tours at well-known artisanal boutique producers of excellent Italian wines made from ancient autochthonous grape varietals with sit down tastings.
We tour the wine regions of Falerno del Massico, Taburno (Sannio), Avellino, Campi Flegrei, Vesuvio, Ischia, Taurasi, Cilento, Greco di Tufo, and Costa d’Amalfi.
Stay 4-nights in Naples with its exciting and alluring centro storico. Then, the 4 nights in Sorrento are overlooking the Bay of Naples with the Vesuvius always on the horizon. The charm of this resort town lies in rustic simplicity of hospitality and quaint artisan workshops packed in a maze of medieval alleys.
Join me and 12 travelers or less on this unforgettable 9-day journey, rich in history, passion, local traditions, incredible wines, and culinary delights.
- 8 Nights in beautiful accommodations- only one hotel change
- Visit the charming fisherman island of Procida, the smallest and best kept secret of the Bay of Naples.
- Learn the art of Neapolitan pizza making in a hands-on lesson.
- Private guided tours of the Roman ruins of Herculaneum, a world heritage archaeological UNESCO site immortalized by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD buried under the ash revealing the everyday life of this Roman city.
- Enjoy leisure time in Sorrento and an evening of entertainment!
- Private guided tour of the Capodimonte Museum
- Private guided tour of the ancient Greco-Roman city of Paestum with the preserved Doric Greek Temples of the world.
- Exclusive private boat excursion along the Amalfi Coast and admire the Moorish style villages of Positano
- Limoncello tour and tasting
- Learn the art of Mozzarella making
- Visit the charming tufa village of Sant'Agata de' Goti and enjoy a hands- on-cooking lesson in a stunning winery
- Authentic gourmet meals paired with local wines
- VIP cellar tours and tastings
- Travel with a Certified Wine Specialist & Culinary Professional
- Leisure time
- ...and much more
85% of our Clients are repeat customers!