Escorted by the Winemakers of Enoch’s Stomp Winery
One of the first things that comes to mind when people mention Bordeaux is the long list of world-class wines. Develop a more extensive appreciation for grand cru wines from the Bordeaux region which is known as the ‘wine capital of the world.’ Travel with this small (30-40 persons), compatible ‘wine lovers’ group of new friends or some “already friends”. A wine connoisseurs’ pilgrimage that is an opportunity but once in a lifetime.
- Exclusive onboard events hosted by Enoch’s Stomp Winemakers
- Exclusive hosted dinner with Enoch’s Stomp Winemakers
- Exclusive excursion hosted by Enoch’s Stomp Winemakers
- One complimentary shore excursion in every port of call
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Visit UNESCO Sites
- Enrichment lectures & destination performances
- Beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner
- 24-hour specialty coffees, teas & bottled water
- Port taxes & fees
- Ground transfers with Viking Air purchase
- Gratuities (Individual decision based on 5-star service provided)
- International airfare or upgraded seats on flights
- Spirits (other than beer and wine)(no corkage fee applied to liquor brought onboard)
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Pre- or Post-Cruise packages to Paris, London, Rome
- Ground transfers if air purchased separately
Friday, September 20, 2019
Depart from USA
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Arrive in Bordeaux. Viking provides transfer to your ship
if airfare purchased with them. Overnight at Port. The rest of the day is yours to relax or explore Bordeaux on your own.
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Tour the city center this morning for Bordeaux’s highlights, including the Place des Quinconces; the neoclassical Grand Thétre de Bordeaux; or the Musée d’Aquitaine. Enjoy the afternoon, sailing the Garonne River to Cadillac.
Monday, September 23, 2019
Begin your day with a walking tour of Cadillac and then head across the river for your excursion to Sauternes. Enjoy a tasting before returning to your ship.
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Disembark this morning for a leisurely stroll to Libourne’s picturesque city square, or take part in one of two optional excursions. In the afternoon, take a tour to Saint-Émilion,
a UNESCO World Heritage Site or spend the afternoon exploring the town’s streets and shops.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Enjoy a leisurely morning in Bourg as you take a stroll through the historic village. Or, you may choose to take
an optional excursion to the charming medieval town of Cognac, birthplace of one of the world’s best-known types of brandy. During lunch, your ship sets sail for Blaye. This afternoon, take a guided tour of the extraordinary 17th- century citadel, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Thursday, September 26, 2019
Relax on board your ship this morning while sailing downstream, passing islands and gentle slopes, arriving in Pauillac in the early afternoon. Enjoy a wine country tour and tasting, including the area’s famous full-flavored Margaux. This evening, travel through the rolling vineyard-laced hills to dinner at a chateau, accompanied by the chateau’s own wines.
Friday, September 27, 2019
Enjoy a final morning of cruising back to Bordeaux. You have the afternoon to choose from a number of optional excursions. One last overnight on board in Bordeaux.
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Depart Bordeaux for home or for post-cruise tour elsewhere.
Detailed Information and pricing at: http://bit.ly/go2bordeauxitinerary
Total Cruise FareGot Questions? Call Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® in Broadmoor 318-317-2882