Price: $15, light fare of cheese, charcuterie and bread alongside. Limited seating; please register online at www.thesavvycellars.com/events/ to ensure yourself a spot, as this event may fill.
What’s to love about Spanish wines? First, they are incredible values; Spain seems to fly under the radar compared to its next door neighbor France where wine is concerned. Second, they pair perfectly with Spanish and Mexican foods! Spain is the 3rd largest wine producer in the world -- and in the last 5 years, Spanish wine exports have increased by 43%. This tasting is your opportunity, whether or not you are familiar with Tempranillo, Garnacha, or Mencia varietals, or Spanish red blends, to try some amazing wines from some different regions in Spain, all of which are tremendous values and highly regarded. Come find something new or see what you’ve been missing!
We will taste:
- Dibon Cava - Cava is the famous sparkling wine of Spain, made similarly to Champagne.
- Black Slate Priorat - a blend of Carignan, Garnacha, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, and Merlot from the Priorat region near Barcelona.
- Petalos Bierzo - James Suckling and Robert Parker both rated this wine 92 points, made from 60-100 year old Mencía vines grown on steep hillsides in northern Spain, just north of Portugal.
- Teso la Manja Almirez Toro - James Suckling 91 Points, Tempranillo from northern Spain.
- Emilio Moro Ribera del Duero - James Suckling 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast 90 Points, Tempranillo from northern Spain.
- Zerran Montsant - Robert Parker 90 Points, a blend of Syrah, Garnacha, and Carignon from near Barcelona.