Level III New World
An in-depth knowledge of New World (those countries ‘discovered’ after 1492) wine is provided in this 11 week (1 week intensive) class.
This course meets every Tuesday evening for 11 weeks and covers the following New World Countries:
- United States
- New Zealand
- Uruguay and the rest of South America
- China and the far east (the “Neuvo-New World”}
- South Africa
You will also learn about:
- Geography and climate
- Wine production techniques
- How to use vintage data, by region or country
- Wine character data, by appellation
- You will receive more than 600 pages of material, specifically designed for this course and taste about 65-75 wines
This is a required course for the Level 3 Certification.
If you would like to take a detailed, technical course on New World wine you can take this course without being a Level 3 student.
The 11-week course meets from 6:00PM to 10:00PM once a week for a total of 44 contact hours. Course fees are $1900. Cost of the course includes registration fees, handouts, wine, and instruction.