Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced, for a guided tasting and walking tour of Portland's vibrant restaurant scene as you explore some delicious and unique examples of Scotch at four wonderful establishments. We'll sample some delicious examples of Scotch, discuss their uniqueness, similarities, production processes, and regional influences through tasting and discussions that will build your knowledge of Scotch. You’ll learn how select Scotch based on your tastes and preferences (and budget), and enjoy some tasty foods at each of the establishments that we visit.
* Taste and learn about some delicious Scotch from different regions of Scotland
* Discuss major Scotch styles and influences of the different Scotch regions
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a Scotch label when selecting your next glass or bottle
* Learn the basics of spirits tasting or take your tasting skills to the next level
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four establishments
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $70 advance / $75 day of (if available).
Wine Wise special offers:
*For every friend you bring receive $5 off your next ticket.
*Attend 5 Wine Wise events and your 6th one is free.