THIS COURSE IS POSTPONED UNTIL SATURDAY JANUARY 20TH & SATURDAY JANUARY 27TH!
The North American Sommelier Association presents: the Wine Primer Intro Course, a basics course for all wine lovers or professionals seeking a solid foundation in wine before taking advanced courses.
WHEN: Sa Dec 2nd, Sa Dec 11th 2017 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (with break)
WINE PRIMER BASICS COURSE is a 2-day, 14-hour course. No previous wine education is required; the course is for those who wish to approach wine academically for the first time, as well as those who have been enthusiasts for years but wish to consolidate the knowledge and understand their passion.
The course has no exam. A certificate of attendance will be issued by NASA (recognized by the Worldwide Sommelier Association) to all individuals who successfully complete the course.
WINE PRIMER INTRO COURSE is taught entirely by professionally-certified working Sommeliers who are also NASA trained professional teachers.
- What is wine? Basics of winemaking & enology
- The concept of 'terroir' (the "sense of place"), basics of viticulture & grapes
- The basics of wine tasting (taste like the Somms)
- The basics of proper wine service, cellaring and enjoyment
- Essential food & wine pairing concepts
- Main French wine regions, grapes/wines
- Main Italian wine regions, grapes/wines
- Main Spanish wine regions, grapes/wines
- Other European wine regions of importance, grapes/wines
- Main North American wine regions, grapes/wines
- Main South American wine regions, grapes/wines
- Other wine regions of the world, grapes/wines
ENROLL THROUGH LINK BELOW