This intensive 3-day wine program features topics that deeply enrich the knowledge base for enthusiasts and are critical to the success of todays wine professionals. San Francisco Wine School’s industry leading instructors provide:
* Discussion of the history and importance of California’s American Viticultural Areas (AVAs)
* Examination of the various climates, soils, grapes, and wineries of each region that make it distinctive to the California wine landscape
* Guided tasting and analysis of over 60 California wines
* Identification and interpretation of USA and California wine laws
* Detailed investigation of California’s production of wines
Regions of study include Mendocino County, Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Santa Cruz, San Francisco Bay, the Delta, Lake County, the Sierra Foothills, Monterey and San Benito, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and beyond.
The optional CWAS® credential exam is available to be taken online within 2 weeks of program. Students who score of 80% or higher will be awarded a CWAS certificate and can proudly display the initials “CWAS” after their name.
Programs run from 8:30am to 5:30p Friday & Saturday and Sunday from 8:30-3:30p. Daily continental breakfast and lunch are provided. Saturday tasting dinner with David Glancy, MS, CWE and the San Francisco Wine School staff is available for an additional charge.
All attendees must be at least 21. Identification is required.