We all know wine is delicious and food is delicious, but when you put the two things together, something magical happens. Often the food improves the wine or the wine improves the food, but sometimes they come together and create a combination greater than just the sum of the parts.
This class will experience 6 classic wine and food combinations to bring all this into focus. You'll taste instructive traditional matches and learn strategies for creating your own personal favorites at home. Granted, this kind of pairing is partly natural and automatic, but by applying ourselves and our personal tastes, we can put together wine and food by style, by texture, by flavor, geography, even temperament.
Wine and Food Menu (subject to change)
- Prosecco + Ricotta fresca
- New Zeland Sauvignon Blanc + seafood
- Riesling + Potato omelette
- Pinot Noir + Steak au poivre
- Cabernet Sauvignon + Fourme d'Ambert blue
- Rioja + Paella (made by Cellar Door owners Bruce & Bea!)