Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) Online Course
This qualification covers the key grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world. During the online class, students will be taken through a guided tasting of wines and taught the Society of Wine Educators approach to tasting wine. The level of knowledge needed to take this course: None necessary. This class is especially recommended for:
- Those in the retail, hospitality or wholesale areas of the wine and spirits industry wishing to obtain greater knowledge and professional certification from the Society of Wine Educators;
- Wine enthusiasts wanting to gain a broad understanding of the major grapes and wines produced around the world
The course is divided into Nine (9) weekly lessons as follows:
- Lesson 1: CSW Week 1 – Tasting Technique, Wine Chemistry & Faults
- Lesson 2: CSW Week 2 – Viticulture and Enology
- Lesson 3: CSW Week 3 – Wine Labels and Laws
- Lesson 4: CSW Week 4 – France
- Lesson 5: CSW Week 5 – Italy
- Lesson 6: CSW Week 6 – Spain & Portugal
- Lesson 7: CSW Week 7 – Germany, Central and Eastern Europe, and Eastern Mediterranean
- Lesson 8: CSW Week 8 – North America
- Lesson 9: CSW Week 9 – Southern Hemisphere
The course also includes three (3) instructor led live webinars during the course. During the course, you will be asked to taste a minimum of eighteen (18) wines as part of the online activities. You will be provided with a recommended list of wines to try, however, please note that you will need to arrange for your own tasting samples.
You will have access to the online classroom for a total of nine (9) weeks.