Introduction Sommelier Tasting Workshop:
1-Day Professional Wine Tasting Workshop for Sommelier Students will cover the following topics:
- The Master Sommelier Deductive Tasting Method and correct terminology
- Palate calibration:
- Oak vs. no oak; earth vs. no earth; acidity-low vs. high, alcohol (same) & tannin (same); pyrazines vs. terpenes
- The major white varieties and their major markers and paradigms
- The major red varieties and their major markers and paradigms
- Major wine faults and how to ID them
- Tasting of 18 wines using the MS tasting grid.
For students who have NOT completed a course with the Court of Master Sommeliers or Advanced WSET.