An educational wine experience
Using your powers of observation, your sense of smell, and solid wine information (and process of elimination), one can deduce the identity of a wine. Notice during this process you haven't even tasted the wine! Yes, it can be done. Which means it can be taught!
Join Paul Kelly Wheeler for some in-depth cues, pointers, and methodologies for the proper analysis, evaluation, and ultimately the conclusion of wine's identity--blind.
Sit back and relax as your sommelier instructor sets the stage for an unforgettable, educational wine experience. Our wine classes provide a unique context for the enjoyment of wine appropriate for every level of interest and expertise.
Throughout the evening, you will learn about the history, culture and language of wine through visual presentations, commentary and anecdotes from our personal experiences. And best of all, you’ll leave us with greater confidence, passion and understanding of the grapes so you can ultimately experience the pleasure of wine.
Class will include:
– Primer on key terminology, flavors and varietal distinctions
– Learn how we sense flavor, what can impede our ability to taste/smell, and why are some people (seemingly) just naturally better tasters?
– Visual presentation
– Understand “classes” of tasters like Tolerant, Sensitive, and Hyper-Sensitive
– Understand “Terroir’s” undeniable fingerprint on a wine
– A thorough understanding and use of the world’s best tasting methodology (in our opinion), the Court of Master Sommelier’s System of Deductive Tasting
– Understand what separates you from a professional taster–what do they have, what can they do, that you can’t?
– Enjoy nine (9) wines for tasting, two of which will be tasted blind
– All AWS courses include Chef's choice of appetizers