Sail with Cleveland travel agent Sonja Roe on this one time Beer Theme river cruise itinerary.
Your picturesque river cruise begins on the Rhine River in Basel, Switzerland. You’ll sail to Breisach, with your choice of a guided tour of charming Colmar, or an excursion to the Black Forest.
Sail to the city of Strasbourg, France, along the way and find out how its inhabitants are proud of their beers. Sail to Rüdesheim and through the spectacular Rhine Gorge. The modern and charming city of Frankfurt is also on your route along the Rhine, and you’ll sail on the Main River to visit an authentic Main river village on your way to Würzburg. Take a guided tour of Bamberg located in Germany’s brewing heartland, before reaching Nuremberg.
A Beer Expert will travel with you on this cruise and will held lectures, tasting and will introduce you to food and beer pairing for your enjoyment and the education of beer enthusiasts. Your grand cruise of Germany brings the beauty and charm of its cities and villages to life. From Switzerland to Bavaria and beyond, your German vacation will stay a beautiful memory for years to come!
- Day 1 Basel (Embarkation): Onboard welcome reception
- Day 2 Breisach. Excursion to Black Forest: Choice of excursion to Black Forest, or guided tour in Colmar
- Day 3 Strasbourg: Guided tour, visit to La Petite France district and the gothic cathedral, local beer tasting; onboard beer lecture
- Day 4 Rüdesheim–Rhine Gorge–Boppard: Choice of visit to Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum, or cable car ride to the Niederwald Monument in Rüdesheim; special treat; scenic cruising through the Rhine Gorge; time at leisure in Boppard
- Day 5 Frankfurt: Onboard beer tasting; choice of guided tour in Frankfurt, or guided tour in Seligenstadt
- Day 6 Main River Village: Guided walking tour, onboard food and beer pairing dinner
- Day 7 Würzburg: Guided tour, visit to the Bishop’s Residenz, taste a local beer
- Day 8 Bamberg: Guided tour, see the Old Town Hall; visit a malt factory or a hop garden
- Day 9 Nuremberg: (Disembarkation) Your vacation ends this morning