Our expert cheesemonger will demonstrate how to make creamy, chewy mozzarella from curds and boiling salted water before leading guests in a hands-on workshop where you will get to make your own mozzarella cheese to take home. Our cheesemonger will then demonstrate how to make fresh ricotta while the Chef of La Scuola demonstrates several traditional Italian dishes that incorporate fresh, homemade formaggio. Guests will enjoy a full, 3-course meal paired with complementary wines and class will be complete with adapted recipes and wine tasting notes.
In this class guests will:
• Learn how to make mozzarella from curd
• Taste 3 Italian courses using fresh cheeses demonstrated by our scuola chef as well as a tasting of Rovagnati Arrosto Porchetta.
• Enjoy the demonstrated dishes paired with 3 wines
• Take home mozzarella made by guest, tasting notes of the wines and dishes prepared during class
• Please note, class includes a cooking demonstration with a multi-course meal and a hands-on activity.
• Seating is guaranteed but is first-come, first-served. Doors open 10 minutes before the start of class.
• Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Menu is subject to slight change.
• Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
• All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
• Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Chicago sales tax.