Morgan Twain-Peterson’s Bedrock Wine Co. is just about the most exciting new estate working with Zinfandel and field blends since Turley and…well, since Morgan’s dad, Joel Peterson, founded Ravenswood. Wine Spectator’s James Laube jumped on the bandwagon in 2010 with a gushing profile titled, “Bedrock a New Star in Sonoma.” And Bedrock’s entry-level Old Vine Zinfandel 2015 snagged the number 14 spot in Wine Spectator’s Top 100 last year.
The 2016 releases are every bit as exciting, especially the estate’s top “field blend” reds from ancient vines of 80-100+ years of age. And the story is almost as exciting as the wines – as you’ll see when you join us and Morgan’s partner, Chris Cottrell, for one of the most exciting and delicious tastings of California wines we’ll do all year. We’ll taste:
- Bedrock Wine Co North Coast Cuve White IV
- Bedrock Wine Co The Whole Shebang Old-Vine Red XI
- Bedrock Wine Co Old Vine Zinfandel 2016
- Bedrock Wine Co North Coast Syrah 2016
- Bedrock Wine Co Pagani Ranch 2016
- Bedrock Wine Co Evangelho Vyd Heritage Red 2016
- Bedrock Wine Co The Bedrock Heritage Red 2016
- Bedrock Wine Co Montecillo Old Vine Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
As always, we’ll serve light snacks with the wines and have plenty of opportunities for Q&A with Chris. Reserve your seats today online or by calling us at 703.356.6500.