Level 3, Wine Business
Many people take our college level wine classes in order to prepare themselves to start their own business. To this end we offer this 11-week (or 1-week intensive study) wine business course to help you prepare a business plan or learn about the wine business from faculty who have started their own successful wine businesses.
Topics covered during this class:
- Worldwide history of the wine business
- International and national trends in the wine business
- Strategic planning for a wine business (production, importing, distribution and retail businesses including internet businesses)
- Legal aspects of the wine industry (federal and state)
- Forms of business
- Financial and cash flow planning
- Media, marketing and advertising for the 21st century
- Analysis and review of case studies of production, importing, distribution and retail businesses
- Develop and present a business plan (or term paper)
- Plus 300+ pages of course material specifically developed for this course
This course is required as part of a Level 3 certification, however, you don't have to be in a Level 3 program to take the course. It is open to anybody who wants to learn about wine as a business.