Join us as we discover the wines of the Castellare estate, located in Tuscany’s Chianti Classico region. During this class, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about 3 distinctive wines produced by Castellare with wine expert Massimo Serradimigni alongside a guided tasting of 6 high-end Tuscan formaggi and salumi pairings selected by Eataly’s expert cheesemonger Yahn Van de Walle. Each of Castellare’s wine labels is dedicated to a rare bird native to Chianti that is threatened by extinction, mostly due to synthetic chemical products and hunting which are both forbidden on the Castellare estate.
In this class you will:
- Have the opportunity to learn about Castellare wines with a wine expert
- Taste high-end salumi and formaggi hand-selected by a cheesemonger
- Leave having a better understanding Tuscan wine, cheese and salumi
- Take home tasting notes
- Receive a special market offer
- Leave feeling confident while visiting Eataly’s Wine, Cheese and Salumi departments!
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Please note, class includes a guided tasting and is not hands-on.
- Seating is guaranteed but is first-come, first-served. Doors open 10 minutes before the start of class.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Menu is subject to slight change.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Chicago sales tax