A Class on Super Tuscans - Italy's Napa!
Tuesday, March 13, 6-8:00, $79
No other category of Italian wine has made such an impact as that of the “Super-Tuscan”. These red wines have single handedly been responsible for the “renaissance” of Italian Wine. Many are of high quality and quite expensive (Tignanello, Sassicaia, Solaia). They are typically Sangiovese (key grape of Tuscany) with the addition of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah. However, a Super-Tuscan can be pretty much anything. It can take the form of a single varietal such as Cabernet Sauvignon or any blend of varietals. Seven wines priced from $28-203/bottle will be enjoyed with Italian cheeses, salami and other flavors of Italy.
1. 2014 Tenuta dell'Ornellaia 'Ornellaia' Bolgheri Superiore $203, 13.5%alc. (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc)
2. 2013 Tenuta di Biserno Il Pino di Biserno Toscana $53, 14%alc. (Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot)
3. 2015 Tenuta San Guido Guidalberto $47, 13%alc. (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot)
4. 2015 Mastrojanni 'San Pio' Toscana Rosso $39, 15%alc. (Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon)
5. 2015 Campo Al Mare 'Bolgheri' Rosso $28, 14.5%alc. (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot)
6. 2011 Tenuta Sette Ponti 'Crognolo' Toscana $30, 14%alc. (Sangiovese, Merlot)
7. 2013 Barone Ricasoli 'Colledilà' Chianti Classico Gran Selezione $75, 14.5%alc. (Sangiovese)
1. Alta Badia
2. Organic Parmigiano Reggiano DOP - Aged 24 Months
3. Piave DOP Mezzano Aged 6 Months
4. Conciato in Barrique con Foglie di Noce
5. Pecorino Calabrese
6. Taleggio DOP
Information & Registration
Class size is limited to 16 guests. Kindly arrive 5 - 10 minutes early as the session starts promptly. If you are sensitive to cool temperatures, bring a light sweater as the room is set to 70°F. There is ample parking in the RSF Plaza Shopping Center where Meritage is located.
Reservations must be made with a credit card and will be charged at the time of RSVP. Contact Meritage Wine Market at email@example.com - (760) 479-2500 or M Wine at firstname.lastname@example.org - 858-442-2749.
NO REFUNDS or CREDITS will be issued due to the limited seating and special nature of the event. The same policy applies if purchased as a gift. Thank you for your understanding.
Bring your desire to learn, enthusiasm for tasting, and prepare to have a fantastic experience!
Cheers, Salud, Santé, Cin Cin - ‘M’
‘M’ Wine Education & Consulting
858.442.2749 ~ email@example.com ~ www.mwineeducation.com