Introduction to Wine: Wine Foundation Course meet 3 times, 3 hours per class.
Class dates: February 21, 28, and March 7
This Introduction to Wine: Wine Foundation Course will introduce you, at a very basic level, to the main styles of wine available, wine storage and service and the matching of food and wine. On completion of the Wine Education Class, Tasting Class, a student will be able to:
- Describe in general terms the main styles of wines available
– Display a basic understanding of the factors that determine the main styles of wine
– Describe in general terms the main characteristics of the principal grape varieties
– State the procedures for the storage of wine
– State the procedures for the opening of wines
– State the social, health, safety and legal issues relating to the consumption of wine
– Produce simple tasting notes using the Level 1 WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
– Understand basic food and wine matching theory.