Join Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced, for a guided tasting and walking tour of Portland's vibrant restaurant scene as you explore some delicious and unique examples of Bourbon and Bourbon-based cocktails. At eash of four different locations we'll sample a Bourbon, discuss their uniqueness, similarities, production processes, and regional influences through tasting and discussions that will build your knowledge of Bourbon. Then some of the city's most esteemed bartenders will teach you how to make a great balanced cocktail from that Bourbon and share a few cocktail-making tips and tricks that you'll love to have in your repertoire.
* You’ll learn how select Bourbon based on your tastes and preferences (and budget)
* Taste and learn about some delicious and unique styles Bourbon from the United States
* Discuss major influences on Bourbon styles
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a Bourbon label when selecting your next glass or bottle
* Learn the basics of spirits tasting or take your tasting skills to the next level
* Learn how to make four different cocktails
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four restaurants we visit
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $65 advance / $70 day of (if available) at winewiseevents.com.
Wine Wise special offers:
*For every friend you bring receive $5 off your next ticket.
*Attend 5 Wine Wise events and your 6th one is free.