The International Wine & Spirits Guild provides a unique approach to teaching our students about wine.
Tell us your wine education/career objectives and let us create a custom course package designed to help you reach your goals faster. Our approach is personalized, professional, and unparalleled in the wine and spirits industry.
We were voted one of the "Top 5 Wine Schools" in the nation by Food & Wine Magazine as well as The Wall Street Journal.
All we ask is that you have a passion for wine or spirits!
This Intensive 5-day Blind Tasting Course covers:
- Study and analysis of grape varietals
- Study of climate characteristics that impact wine character
- Soil and geology characteristics that impact wine character
- Growing area differentiation in wine
- Production techniques impacts
- Mechanics of tasting - developing your personal tasting style
- Technical and cosmetic defects, and additives in wine
- One or two double-blind tasting (of up to 5 wines) each class
- Master Candidate double-blind exam at end of course (optional)
- Plus 500+ pages of course material specifically developed for this course, and approximately 100 wines to taste
These courses and tastings are a must for the serious student of wine, whether you are an informed enthusiast or a professional. You should have completed the Advanced Wine Course and a minimum of one Advanced Regional Course before taking the Blind Tasting course.