The International Wine & Spirits Guild provides a unique approach to teaching our students about wine.
Tell us your wine education/career objectives and let us create a custom course package designed to help you reach your goals faster. Our approach is personalized, professional, and unparalleled in the wine and spirits industry.
We were voted one of the "Top 5 Wine Schools" in the nation by Food & Wine Magazine as well as The Wall Street Journal.
All we ask is that you have a passion for wine or spirits!
Level 1 Wine Seminar:
The basic wine seminar is a comprehensive introductory course of study designed for individuals who desire to learn about wine. The focus is to develop a basic knowledge of wine, wine evaluation, and wine description. A professional Level 1 Certification as a Sommelier or Wine Cellar Manager can be earned by successfully completing this weekend class and passing an online Certification exam.
In the wine seminar, you will:
- Taste 27+ wines from 3 continents
- Receive an overview of French, Italian, and American wine
- Learn technical wine descriptive evaluation
- Learn technical wine comparative evaluation
- Receive 175 pages of educational material prepared specifically for this seminar
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch
- Receive a diploma, membership card, and membership pin upon completion of the on-line certification exam