Advanced Wine & Food:
January 15th to March 26th, 2018
Mondays, 6PM - 10PM
This unique ten-week upper level college course meets each Monday evening from 6 - 10 p.m. focusing on developing technical skills at wine and food pairing. There is not another course like this taught anywhere in the United States.
A combination of lectures, tasting and wine and food pairing exercises will be used to develop an understanding of how to pair wines with food at an advanced level.
- European and American Dining
- Food and Wine Planning
- Wine and Food Evaluation Techniques
- Sauces and Spices
- Cooking Techniques
- Fish and Shellfish
- Poultry and Game Birds
- Meat and Wild Game
- Soup, Salad, Vegetables and Vegetarian
- Cross-Cultural Pairing (e.g.: Chinese food and wine)
- Plus - 300 pages of course material specifically developed for this course, and approximately 50 wines to taste.
- Tuition includes a four-course graduation dinner the last night of class where the students have done all of the wine pairings
Each class includes a multi-protein meal with 5 wines. The purpose of the meal is to illustrate the impact and importance of sauces, spices and cooking techniques on proteins when making pairing decisions. All dishes are served as "small plates." This course is not designed for vegetarians. There is a graduation dinner on the evening of the last day of class, from 6pm to 9:30pm.