The basic wine seminar is a comprehensive introductory course of study designed for individuals who desire to learn about wine. The focus is to develop a basic knowledge of wine, wine evaluation, and wine description. A professional Level 1 Certification as a Sommelier or Wine Cellar Manager can be earned by successfully completing this weekend class and passing an online Certification exam. This class is designed for professionals who are currently working in the industry as well as wine enthusiasts who are passionate about wine.
This is the foundation course for our 4 diploma/certification programs. By telling us your wine ducation/career objectives you will have the opportunity to design your own custom course program. This is a unique and unparalled approach in the wine education arena!
In the wine seminar, you will:
- Taste at least 28 wines from three continents.
- Receive 150 pages of handout material prepared specifically for this seminar.
- Learn about old world wines, new world wines.
- All classes are taught or led by a Guild Wine Master or a Master Wine Educator.
- Have a great experience!
- Receive a diploma, membership card and membership pin.