Join us in your finest formal-wear for a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration aboard the luxury yacht Manhattan II, and experience a comfortable and unique Manhattan waterways cruise through the Hudson and East Rivers.
Enjoy a short champagne/sparkling wine tasting class at boarding to set the celebration in motion with our wine expert, Wendy Crispell. Throughout the night, enjoy passed hors d' oeuvres, our Live Jazz Trio the "Sound Waves", and the New York Harbor Fireworks at midnight aboard our intimate and elegant 1920s style yacht.
Curious about the Champagne Tasting Class? Here's a few highlights to look forward to!...
* A vintage American Bubbly rated over 90 points, winner of several awards
* A Grand Cru Champagne - a 'grower' Champagne
* A Cremant - a strictly controlled regional bubbly from Jura, France
Here's what's on the Menu to accompany the Champagne Tasting...
* House-made French cheese pastry straws
* An assortment of local and international artisan cheeses served with jam, honey and dried fruits
* A charcuterie board served with cornichons, mustard and onion confit
* Forest mushrooms roasted with sage and thyme
* Smoked salmon dressed with toasted pistachio, fresh dill, pickled red onion, capers and crème fraise
* Olive display
* Assorted flatbreads and gourmet crackers
* (All cheeses and salumi are sourced from Murray's Cheese or Crown Finish Caves.)
Passed items to follow...
* Butter poached lobster shooters with shitake mushrooms
* Fois Gras and apricot-honey drizzle on a toasted baguette
* Carrot roulades with beet and herb goat cheese, ribbons of carrots stuffed with local goat cheese infused with farm fresh ingredients
* Peppercorn crusted filet mignon topped with a silky pate, served on a toasted brioche
* Truffle infused deviled eggs topped with shaved green onion and smoked paprika
* Turkish kofte, a spiced meatball drizzled with a Greek cucumber yogurt sauce
* Expect an elegant sophisticated evening, conversation-friendly seating and great sightseeing!
On this special **$378 per person, 3.5 hour cruise**, take in picturesque views from our cozy (heated) glassed-in observatory.
Highlights to see:
* New Year's Eve Fireworks!
* Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
* Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
* Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline
* Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
So step Manhattan II for an elegant New Year's Eve cruise with loved ones and friends!
What Is Not Included?
* Dinner is not included. This will be an evening of many hors d' oeuvres, desserts and standard open bar (beer, wine, soda & water). Mixed drinks/cocktails are not included, but are available for purchase. Veuve Cliquot Champagne is available for purchase. A short champagne tasting class hosted by Wendy Crispell will start the evening.
* Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
* Chelsea Piers (Pier 62) - W. 22nd and Hudson River (Manhattan, NY)
* (Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)
**Do cruises sell out frequently?**
Cruises usually sell out.
**Is there assigned seating?**
There will be assigned seating if the cruise is more than half full.
**Is there parking and how much is it?**
There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
**What does the food include?**
There will be a wide variety of passed hors d' oeuvres, displays, and desserts to please everyone.
**Can you accommodate any dietary restrictions?**
We can accommodate vegetarians. Unfortunately, however, we cannot accommodate other dietary restrictions, such as kosher, diabetic or food allergy issues.
**What is the dress code?**
To preserve the ambiance of the event, all guests are encouraged to dress in formal and festive attire! Men should be no less formal than a tie and blazer, and woman should wear a nice dress.
**What exactly do we see on the cruise?**
On the cruise you will get fantastic views of the entire Manhattan Skyline, including a close-up visit to the Statue of Liberty, a pass under the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, and of course the New Year's Eve Fireworks!!!
**How about drinks? Should I bring those?**
No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. There will be a Champagne tasting at board, and open beer & wine throughout the night. Mixed Drinks are available for purchase.
**Are these vessels safe?**
Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every cruise to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
**How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?**
It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any seasickness on these vessels, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
**Is there an age limit for these cruises?**
This special event is elegant and sophisticated. It starts with a wine tasting and then continues on with food, drinks, music and dancing. Children of age 12 and up must be mature and accompanied by a parent
**Where does the cruise finish?**
Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
**Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?**
Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
**Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?**
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
**Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?**
The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability) or be refunded.
**What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?**
The aft-deck observatory of these yachts is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
**Are these vessels handicap accessible?**
They are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, these vessels are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
**Is smoking permitted during the cruise?**
No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.