Our Saturday Course is a full day wine experience hosted in a beautiful and historic former coaching house hotel. It includes Champagne and canapeson arrival, a total of 12 wines to taste and a delicious 3-course lunch!
The day is hosted in a private room at the Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury. This independent hotel is a beautifully preserved and renovated Grade 1 listed building with 16th century architecture. Lunch is served in The Haywards à la carte restaurant
Overview of the day:
- We kick off at 10.30am with a glass of Champagne and canapes
- An introduction to wine including how to slurp and sniff like a professional
- A tasting of classic white wines from the Old and New World including France, Germany, Spain and New Zealand
- A delicious 3 course seasonal lunch view a sample lunch menu here
- A tasting of classic red wines from the Old and New World, including Bordeaux, Chianti and Rioja compared with wines from Australia, South Africa or Argentina.
- A practical demonstration of how to create amazing food and wine pairings
- Finishing with a sweet wine and blue cheese
- The day will finish at 4.30pm
Table water, water biscuits and tasting sheets for you to make notes are also provided.
Please note any special dietary requests must be advised on booking.