Taste your way across our great nation! Sip bold wines and enjoy some of the country's best artisanal cheese and cured meat. We’ll explore classic expressions of American wine, cover the basics of domestic regions, and uncover a few up-and-coming areas in this celebration of American ingenuity.
What you can expect:
- 1 welcome wine.
- 6 tasting pours of American wines.
- A small tasting plate with 6 pairings of American meats and cheeses.
- 2 hours of education, including a Q&A session with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The main wine-producing regions of the United States.
- A review of America’s famous and lesser-known wine styles.
- Major grapes, production styles, and wine classifications of the United States.
- The flavors and production methods behind some of America’s delicious cured meats and cheeses.
- The basic principles of wine and food pairing.
Level: Beginner - Beyond Basics
Good for: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Food Pairing Education, Date Night
Style: Food Pairing
Food Served: Tasting Plate
“Great instructor. Her choices of cheese pairings and wines were excellent and her overall style was inviting. Her knowledge and passion came through. Very enjoyable class.”