A mountain of world-class wines await you in Italy’s Piedmont. We’ll explore this incredible wine destination through its famous offerings—Barolo, Barbaresco, and more—while discussing its indigenous grapes and styles.
What you can expect:
- 1 welcome wine.
- 6 tasting pours of Piedmont wines.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- 2 hours of instruction, including Q&A time with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The important winemaking sub-regions within Piedmont.
- Some lesser-known but equally enjoyable sub-regions of Piedmont.
- A good grasp of Piedmont's heavy-hitters like Barolo and Barbaresco.
- The unifying and varying characteristics of wines from this region.
- The diverse wine styles that Piedmont offers.
Level: Beginner - Beyond Basics
Style: Guided Wine Tasting Class
Food Served: Bread & Cheese
Good For: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Italian Wine Lover, Fun with Friends, Date Night
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“I loved our instructor. Her enthusiasm was contagious, and there was clarity in the way she presented the material and explained elusive concepts. All this without a grain of condescension so often present in other wine specialists.”