When: Sunday, December 10 2017
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Where: Pierre Loti Union Square
53 Irving Place at 17th St.
Ticket Price: $45
Discover Rioja! Spain’s most famous and premier wine region. Join us for this festive holiday tasting. We’ll explore this viticultural wonderland’s wines, culture, and history, led by our resident expert and Rioja devotee Robin Kelley O’Connor, Certified Wine Educator (CWE) /European Wine Expert/ Wine & Spirits Writer/ Sommelier
We will have a fantastic lineup of Rioja’s exciting wines, tasting through the region’s full range of styles, including Gran Reserva, Reserva, Crianza, Single Vineyard expression, Rosé and White. This also will be an opportunity to taste and learn about the tempranillo grape, one of the world's greatest Expressions of red wine.
With the wines we’ll serve an exciting array of artisanal cheeses with freshly based baguettes from Breads Bakery in Union Square, in our opinion the best in New York City.
Don't miss this opportunity to taste great wines, meet fellow wine lovers and enjoy a festive holiday Sunday afternoon in a lovely atmosphere.
Wine to be tasted:
Aperitivo: CUNE-Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España RIOJA Rosado 2016
1. Bodegas Muriel Vendimia Seleccionada RIOJA Blanco 2015
2. Bodegas Muga Barrel Fermented RIOJA Blanco 2015
3. Próximo by Marqués de Riscal RIOJA Tinto 2012
4. Torres Altos Ibéricos Crianza RIOJA Tinto 2013
5. Bodegas Palacios Remondo - La Montesa RIOJA Tinto 2013
6. Bodegas Beronia Reserva RIOJA Tinto 2011
7. Bodegas Montecillo Reserva RIOJA Tinto 2010
8. Bodegas La Rioja Alta Viña Alberdi Reserva RIOJA Tinto 2010
9. Bodegas Faustino I Gran Reserva RIOJA Tinto 2001