In Friuli Venezia Giulia, a northeastern Italian region, the landscape gracefully flows from mountain peaks to coastal stretches. This unique environment – warm sea breezes, chilly high-altitude nights, and diverse mineral-rich soil – creates the perfect terroir for wine. The mild climate allows for a long, slow growing season, balancing the grapes’ sugar and acidity levels. Across the region, the soil is comprised of limestone, marl, and sandstone, adding a mineral depth to white and red wines alike.
Join us in celebrating this region as you discover the grape varietals and production methods that are unique to this region. In this class, an Eataly wine expert will guide you through the terroir of this breathtaking region, sip by sip tasting 5 wines paired with antipasti typical of Friuli.
- Please note, class includes a guided tasting and is not hands-on.
- Seating is guaranteed but is first-come, first-served. Doors open 10 minutes before the start of class.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Menu is subject to slight change.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Chicago sales tax