Join with Sommelier Erica Archer, CWP, WSET Advanced, for a guided viticultural tasting and walking tour of Portland's vibrant restaurant scene as you explore some delicious wines for the region of Napa & Sonoma paired with delicious foods at four great establishments. All proceeds from this event will be donated to helping the victims of the wildfires that are devastationg the people of the region, many of which have lost their homes, their jobs, and loved ones.
You're in for an incredible wine education experience. You'll walk away understanding how regional influences impact wine styles and quality, gain confidence in knowing how to evaluate, select, serve, and pair wines with food, and describe what you smell and taste. Plan to learn a lot, discover some delicious wines and restaurants and have a great time doing it.
* Taste and learn about different styles of wines from the Napa and Sonoma regions.
* Discuss major styles and influences of different sub-regions on the wines they produce
* Learn what to expect from certain terms on a wine label when selecting your next bottle of wine
* Learn the basics of tasting or take your wine knowledge to the next level
* Enjoy delicious paired foods at each of the four restaurants we visit
Archer is a true oenophile, having obtained high levels of certification in her field. In 2010, she was awarded the Wine Spirit and Education Trust Level Three Advanced Certification in Wines and Spirits (with merit), became a Sommelier in the American Court of Master Sommeliers, and received her Certified Wine Professional award from the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California. Erica is the principal of Wine Wise, a wine education and events service and is skilled at creating truly creative and memorable wine experiences that take guests beyond a typical tasting with her intimate understanding of what makes each wine unique. And she’ll do it with her trademark sense of humor.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
*Gift Cards are not accpeted for this speacial fundraiser event*