Taste your way through the rolling hills of Tuscany as we explore the wines of this iconic region. From Chianti to Brunello di Montalcino to the elusive Super Tuscans, we’ll discuss the rich history and winemaking traditions behind these Italian gems.
What you can expect:
- 7 tasting pours of Tuscan wines.
- A small tasting plate for mix and match pairings.
- 2 hours of instruction, including Q & A time with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The major flavor profiles and characteristics of Tuscan wines.
- Major historical and production influences in the Tuscan wine region.
- How to best pair Tuscan wines with food.
- What to look for on an Italian wine label and how to navigate selections.
- Review of basic wine tasting technique.
Level: Beginner - Beyond Basics
Style: Guided Tasting
Food Served: Bread & Cheese
Good For: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Italian Wine Lover
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“Learned a lot and loved the whole experience. Tess was A+.”