Dates: June 17-22, 2018
6 days, 5 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Embark on our only Rhone Study Tour of 2018 with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!
Your Guide & Instructor: Christophe Tassan
- Born and raised in the Rhône
- Sommelier and wine program director at top restaurants
- Best Sommelier “South of France” in 1992 and Meilleur Ouvrier de France in 2004
- Rhône Master-Level Program Lead Instructor
Rhône Wine Tours and Study Trip Highlights:
Traveling to the Rhone Valley is rather like touring two regions for the price of one! The narrow, cooler slopes of the Northern Rhone with its famous Hermitage and Côte Rôtie appellations produce some of the most sublime Syrah wines in the world, while the vaster and warmer Southern Rhone offers up the great Grenache blends of Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine and other rich wine appellations.
- Discover this remarkable Rhone wine region with your instructor, Christophe Tassan, a Rhone native who has won the prestigious titles of “Best Sommelier of Southern France” and “MOF for Sommellerie”. (MOF stands for Meilleur Ouvrier de France and is awarded to the best professionals of a specific trade). Christophe has also been the wine director and sommelier at top US restaurants.
- Visit the most renowned estates of the Northern and Southern Rhone. Tour the stunning vineyard sites with winegrowers for a detailed and precise study of the unique terroirs of appellations such as Condrieu, Côte Rôtie, Hermitage or Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
- Meet the winemakers and enjoy extensive insider tastings of some of the best Rhone wines. Experience the depth and exceptional quality of these seductive yet not always well-known Syrah, Viognier or Grenache-based wines.
- Lunch and dine in the region's best restaurants and enjoy tasting Rhone wines in a gastronomic setting, perfectly paired with creative local cuisine.
Travel with fellow students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine amateurs. Share an educational and unforgettable experience while acquiring extensive first-hand knowledge of Rhone Valley wines.
YOUR 6 DAY, 5 NIGHT RHÔNE VALLEY IMMERSION STUDY TRIP INCLUDES :
- Instruction throughout by Rhône native and renowned sommelier Christophe Tassan.
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- The complete Rhône Master Level French Wine Society online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 1 night at 4-Star Hotel Mercure Lyon Centre – Gare Part Dieu in Lyon, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-Star Hotel de France in Valence, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-Star Hotel Novotel Avignon Centre in Avignon, double occupancy
- 3 gourmet lunches with fine local wines, including one at a Michelin 1-star restaurant, expertly matched with top-quality wines of the region
- Special grouped tasting and gourmet lunch with winemakers of Chateauneuf-du-Pape and Tavel
- 2 gastronomic dinners, including one at a Michelin 1-star restaurant, expertly matched with top-quality wines of the region
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
Why Embark on the Wine Scholar Guild French Wine Immersion Study Tours:
- Designed by the Wine Scholar Guild, the leading provider for French wine study and certification programs in the world.
- Nearly all-inclusive, with comfortable hotels, fabulous meals with great wines, all winery tours and tastings, and deluxe transportation at a great value
- Group size is kept small to give you access to very special people, estates and places.
- We have more than a decade of experience putting together extraordinary wine trips in all the French wine regions.
- Provide professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program
Experiencing a Wine Scholar Guild immersion tour is the best way to complete your French wine education. Each tour is led by an internationally renowned expert and includes high-caliber wine tastings, vineyards tours, memorable meals, insider producer visits with top estates and more.
Embark on our only Rhone Study Tour for 2018 with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!