Dates: May 27 - June 1, 2018
6 days, 5 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic Italian wine region with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
Your Instructor & Guide: Jane Hunt, Master of Wine
- Senior judge for Italian wines at Decanter Wine World Awards tasting competition
- Master of Wine specialized in Italian wines
- Jane speaks fluent Italian and spends 6 month of the year in Umbria where she produces olive oil from her own trees
- Director and Lecturer for 'Wine Academy Italia' running WSET Courses in Italy
Tuscany’s famous hills are home to some of the world's most notable wine regions. Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano showcase Sangiovese, the king of red grapes in Toscana. The wines of Bolgheri will challenge what you think you know about Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Experiencing the incredible wines of Vernaccia di San Gimignano, may make you see Italian white wines in a whole new light.
A lot meets the eye when you visit the beautiful Toscana, but so much more is waiting to be discovered. Toscana’s diverse climatic conditions, soils and topography makes the region a vast mosaic of distinctive terroirs—often combined with a rich historic and cultural heritage hard to match elsewhere.
- Enjoy personal guidance and instruction from Jane Hunt, Master of Wine and senior judge for Italian wines at the Decanter World Wine Awards tasting competition
- Visit the region’s most iconic wine appellations including Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico and Bolgheri
- Get access to some of the most prestigious and sought-after small wine producers and experience the wonder of “insider” tours
- Discover how short distances between wine regions manifest themselves in the glass as you taste the remarkable differences
- Let Tuscany’s medieval cities transport you through time as you follow cobblestone trails in the region’s famous walled cities
- Indulge in the renowned, authentic cuisine of Tuscany…cave-cultivated button mushrooms, juicy white Sologne asparagus, goat cheeses, black truffles, saffron, artichokes and all manner of tree and berry fruits.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Your 6 Day, 5 Night Tuscany Immersion Study Trip includes:
- Instruction throughout by Tuscan wine expert Jane Hunt, Master of Wine
- The services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 2 nights at 4-star Park Hotel Marinetta in Marina di Bibbona, double occupancy
- 1 night at 4-star Hotel NH in Siena, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-star Palazzo Leopoldo in Radda in Chianti, double occupancy
- 2 gastronomic dinners expertly matched with top-quality regional wines
- 4 gourmet lunches expertly matched with top-quality regional wines
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at renowned wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
Why Embark on the Wine Scholar Guild Italian Wine Immersion Study Tours:
- Designed by the Wine Scholar Guild, the leading provider for Italian wine study and certification programs in the world.
- Nearly all-inclusive, with comfortable hotels, fabulous meals with great wines, all winery tours and tastings, and deluxe transportation at a great value
- Group size is kept small to give you access to very special people, estates and places.
- We have more than a decade of experience putting together extraordinary wine trips in all the Italian wine regions.
- Provide professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program
Experiencing a Wine Scholar Guild immersion tour is the best way to complete your Italian wine education. Each tour is led by an internationally renowned expert and includes high-caliber wine tastings, vineyards tours, memorable meals, insider producer visits with top estates and more.
Embark on our only Tuscany Study Tour for 2018 with professional-level instruction on site cite!