Discover a whole new world in southern hemisphere wine. You’ll taste through a flight of Australian gems that go beyond Shiraz and the “critter” labels, showcasing some of the world’s oldest vines and thrilling grape combinations.
What you can expect:
- 1 welcome wine.
- 6 tasting pours of Australian wines from different regions.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of instruction—including Q&A time—with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- How Australia came to have some of the world’s oldest vines.
- The different grapes and wine regions of Australia.
- The flavor profiles of various Australian wine styles.
- What to look for when shopping for Australian wine.
Level: Beginner - Beyond Basics
Style: Guided Wine Tasting Class
Food Served: Bread & Cheese
Good For: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, NYC Date Night, Fun with Friends