California and Bordeaux produce many of the same grape varieties, yet their wines can be drastically different. This class will compare wines from these two powerhouse regions. You’ll discover what set wines from Bordeaux and California apart from the rest.
What you can expect:
- 4 tasting pours of California wines.
- 4 tasting pours of Bordeaux wines.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- 2 hours of instruction, including Q&A time with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The key differences and similarities in California and Bordeaux wines..
- The history, traditions, and innovations behind Bordeaux and California Wines..
- The flavor profiles of major grapes like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc from each region.
- The structured, complex and quality wines California and Bordeaux have to offer.
Level: Beginner - Beyond Basics
Style: Guided Wine Tasting Class
Food Served: Bread & Cheese
Good for: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, NYC Date Night