In this class, Astor Wines & Spirits President Andy Fisher shines a light on one of the most fascinating French wine regions: The Loire Valley. You’ll taste through a flight of extraordinary Loire selections—from Anjou and Sancerre to Saumur and Touraine—while exploring the grapes, growers, and winemaking techniques behind each wine.
What you can expect:
- One welcome glass of wine.
- Six tasting pours of Loire Valley wines.
- A small tasting plate for mix and match wine pairings.
- Two hours of instruction—including a Q&A session—with Andy Fisher.
What you will learn:
- The different style of wine the Loire Valley has to offer.
- The concept of “terroir” and how it affects the wines of the Loire.
- Stories and history behind artisanal producers in this wine region.
- Insight into the small-production and biodynamic methods used in the Loire.
Level: Beginner - Beyond Basics
Style: Guided Wine Tasting Class
Food Served: Small Tasting Plate
Good for: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, French Wine Lover, Fun with Friends