WSET Level 3 Certification Course
10 class series plus exam
Capital Wine School is excited to present the WSET Level 3 Certification Course at Pearmund Cellars!
This 10-class course will be held at Pearmund Cellars on the following dates: August 14, August 21, August 28, September 11, September 18, September 25, October 2, October 9, October 16, and October 23 with exam on November 6. Each class meets from 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. The exam also begins at 6:30 p.m.
The aim of the course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality. Emphasis is given to tasting assessment skills. Course content includes the following:
Unit 1 – Wines and Spirits of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- Spirits and Liqueurs
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- How to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- Students will learn to write tasting notes by tasting and assessing 8-10 wines during each class.
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines
The exam consists of a multiple choice paper of 50 questions, a question paper requiring short written answers, and full written tasting notes on two wines. Those who pass the exam receive the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits, an internationally recognized credential in the wine industry.
The course fee includes the 10 classes at Pearmund Cellars, the WSET Level 3 study guide, and the exam at Pearmund Cellars.