la vendange. The smell of fermenting grapes is spread all over and tractors are riding off and on pulling huge lorries filled with grapes to the wineries. The weather conditions, the quality of the grapes and subsequent wine is the talk of the town in the South West of France.
During the Wine & Cognac Tour of Domaine la Fontaine you can enjoy this special time of the year.
You’ll work along with the winemaker picking the grapes, you will visit a famous cognac house (such as Rémy Martin or Hennessey), a wine chateau, a craft coopery and off course you will get to taste magnificent wines and more. Early morning (on a voluntary basis) you will arrive at the vineyard where the wine farmer will teach you everything you need to know about the process from grape to bottle. And then en garde, you will start picking the grapes. You will witness the pressoir in which the grapes are being pressed and squeezed into juice. Following that an extensive farmer’s lunch will be served in the winery, between the huge barrels filled with fermenting juice.
- 3 nights stay, breakfast inclusive at Domaine la Fontaine
- a day with the winefarmer at the vineyard
- fascinating visits of a cognac house and a wine chateau with dégustation (tasting)
- a gripping tour at the coopery
- all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- all wines with those meals as well as during the tastings